Monday, March 23, 2009

Research on the work done by Rosalie Gascoigne



This piece of art work was released in 2004, it's made of torn linoleum on plywood which size is is 40.5 in width, 42.5 in height and 2cm in thickness. Well, frankly, I really don't know what linoleum is, though I found its explanation on the Google: "Linoleum is a floor covering which is made of cloth covered with a hard shiny substance. " Anyway, from the picture, I can see it's kinda cloth. Shinny? I don't know ...

As its material indicates, I think it's made by tearing the linoleum into pieces and then piecing them up in the totally different order, which is not an unsystematic order, but a well considered one. Yep, I think it's just a beautiful puzzle as I've mentioned last week ... :p

No comments:

Post a Comment