Sunday, June 13, 2010

Design Studio Project 3 - Artist

"Sigmar Polke (13 February 1941 – 10 June 2010) is an artist whose work defies easy definitions. He is one of the most significant painters of the post-war generation, yet his career has by no means been confined to painting. Since the early 1960s Polke has experimented with a wide range of styles and subject matter, bringing together imagery from contradictory or unexpected sources, both historical and contemporary, and using a variety of different materials and techniques. In fact Polke’s artistic diversity, and his resistance to any form of categorisation, has been seen as the only consistent theme in his work. "

I chose him from a list of pop artists when I saw his painting "Fastest Gun in the West". With both innovative ideas from pop art and the restraining of German art. One of his idea became my script in designing his gallery:
"I live in my own world, but it's ok. They know me here"

No comments:

Post a Comment